Monday, April 2, 2012

Clutter Cut, Inc by Lester Lex, Guillermo Piloto (Illustrator)


Open Cloot’s door and it’s quite revealing.
Clutter, clutter right up to the ceiling.
If he hadn’t a roof it would rise to the sky.
Will Cloot part with some? He doesn’t see why! One day Cloot’s dad peers into his room to see a mountain of unused toys.
Together they form Clutter Cut, Inc. and get a box ready to be filled.
Cloot spends hours in a jam though—
which toys will go and which ones will stay.
There’s nothing great about giving toys away— or is there…?

ABOUT GUILLERMO PILOTO

“Ever since I was a little boy I have loved cartoons. It’s not as bad for you as they say, because from them I developed a passion to draw and this is what I now do. And when I’m not drawing I still watch cartoons.” Guillermo Piloto

Find out more about Clutter Cut online at www.silverhousebooks.com/ClutterCutInc.html



My Review:

Clutter Cut, Inc is a beautifully illustrated book, that draws a child right into the story. My four year old had a great time, while I read, he picked out the objects. He loved the way the bear with a "missing ear" that was shown with the "flies" around him.
The story is about a little boy who has so many toys that his Dad wants him to share. My little guy did not like the idea of getting rid of any of his possessions, but he did like that the toys were going to kids in a Hospital. He was chuckling about how the boxed toys were put on top of the car, and he pointed out the ones that were falling out!
Coot, the little boy, and ours is about the same age. What a great lesson for him to learn how to share, the rhyming prose and the pictures of the toys, along with the little boy, are priceless. He wants it read and read again!
Don't miss this darling read with pictures that are sure to draw your child in.

I was provided with a copy of this book by Silver House Books, and was not required to give a positive rating.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review of Clutter Cut, Inc. I'm glad you both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Guillermo the illustrator. Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm so happy you and your little one enjoyed the book so much, this makes all the hard work worthwhile. Thank you for the great review, if you have any question, feel free to sent them my way! Bye for now

    ReplyDelete

Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours Presents: Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome

  Fast Times, Big City by Shelly Frome About Fast Times, Big City  Fast Times, Big City Publisher ‏ : ‎ BQB Publishing (...